Sunday 8 April 1979
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jeremy Guthrie and Raven .
In that special week of April people in US were listening to I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
Phantasm, directed by Don Coscarelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Highcliffe Manor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxian or Star Trek: Phaser Strike.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1979!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1979 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Jeremy Guthrie: American baseball player.
- Raven : American drag queen performer.
- Alexi Laiho: Finnish singer-songwriter and guitarist (Children of Bodom Sinergy Impaled Nazarene and Kylähullut).
- Carmelina opens at St. James Theater NYC for 17 performances
- 204th and final episode of All in the Family
- 8th Colgate Dinah Shore Golf Championship won by Sandra Post.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
- The Doobie Brothers - What A Fool Believes
- Bee Gees - Tragedy
- Dire Straits - Sultans Of Swing
- Peaches and Herb - Shake Your Groove Thing
- Frank Mills - Music Box Dancer
- Amii Stewart - Knock On Wood
- Rod Stewart - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?
- Blondie - Heart Of Glass
- Little River Band - Lady
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?