Sunday 8 April 1984
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Footloose by Kenny Loggins.
In UK Hello by Lionel Richie was in the top 5 hits.
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, directed by Joseph Zito, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Aquitaine Progression by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1984.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1984!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1984 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Julia Liptakova: Slovak model.
- Kirsten Storms: Soap Opera Actress.
- Ezra Koenig: American singer (Vampire Weekend).
- Taran Noah Smith in San Francisco: California; actor (Mark Taylor - Home Improvement).
- Pablo Portillo: Mexican singer and actor (MDO).
- Pyotr Kapitsa: Soviet physicist who invented new machines for liquefaction of gases and in 1937 discovered the superfluidity of liquid helium.
- 4th Golden Raspberry Awards: Lonely Lady wins.
- 13th Nabisco Dinah Shore Golf Championship won by Juli Inkster.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kenny Loggins - Footloose
- Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me
- Phil Collins - Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)
- Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again
- Van Halen - Jump
- Pointer Sisters - Automatic
- Culture Club - Miss Me Blind
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Adult Education
- Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun
- Lionel Richie - Hello
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?