Wednesday 8 April 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Poker Face by Lady GaGa.
17 Again, directed by Burr Steers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 2009!
Which were the important events of 8 April 2009 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 April
- Piotr Morawski: Polish mountaineer (Born 1976).
- Pulte Homes in the USA announces it will buy rival Centex Corp in a US$1.3 billion all-stock deal to create the largest U.S. homebuilder.
- Thousands of people in Pyongyang, North Korea, celebrate the “successful” launch of the Bright Star-2 communications satellite into Earth's orbit. (BBC)
- Chinese and Russian cyber-spies allegedly infiltrate the United States' electrical grid. ''(Wall Street Journal)''
- Police in Chişinău reclaim Moldova's Parliament from protesters of the Communist Party's absolute majority in the country's legislative election. (BBC)
- Thirty thousand National United Front demonstrators assemble at Government House in Bangkok, Thailand. (Reuters)
- Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez and Chinese President Hu Jintao meet in Beijing. (AFP)
- One person is killed and four are injured in a shooting in Temecula, California, United States. (Sky News)
- Somali pirates hijack the Danish container ship MV ''Maersk Alabama'' in the Indian Ocean. (BBC)
- A rogue French Foreign Legionnaire kills four people in Chad. (BBC)
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development removes Costa Rica, Malaysia, and the Philippines from its blacklist of non-cooperative tax havens. (BBC)
- The United Kingdom Independent Police Complaints Commission announces an inquest into Ian Tomlinson's death. (''The Guardian'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?