Sunday 8 August 1909
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elio Loschi and Louis Chardigny.
The Man in the Moon, directed by tienne Arnaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1909!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1909 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Elio Loschi: Italy sport Champion.
- Louis Chardigny: Curtil ss Burnand Journalist.
- Jean Marzloff: Brest Military man.
- Maurice Mondin: Lamagist?re physician.
- Bill Voce: England cricketer and coach (d. 1984).
- Mary MacKillop: Australian nun and saint co-founded the Sisters of St Joseph of the Sacred Heart (d. 1909).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?