Monday 8 August 1910
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The White Slave Trade, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1910.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1910!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1910 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Sylvia Sydney: American character actress of stage, screen and film, who rose to prominence in the 1930s appearing in numerous crime dramas.
- Eugène Leroy: French painter; at young age he travelled to Rome and by the age of 21 had studied of the École des Beaux-Arts in Lille and in Paris; yet he would return to the region of his childhood, making his home and studio there for most of his life.
- Francisco Brochado: Da Rocha Prime Minister of Brazil (1962).
- Jimmy Murphy: Welsh-English footballer and manager (d. 1989).
- Sylvia Sidney: Bronx, New York -- Actress (WKRP, Sabotage, Beetlejuice, Demon).
- The US Army installs the first tricycle landing gear on the Army's Wright Flyer.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1910 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I've Got a Pain in My Sawdust - Kitty Cheatham
- Ring O' Roses - Harry Macdonough & Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- Ave Maria - Frances Alda
- We Shall Meet Bye and Bye - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?