Sunday 8 August 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Penalty, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1920 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- André Bourguignon: French physician, psychiatrist and psychoanalyst known for his work in France.
- Don Cook: Foreign Correspondent.
- Leo Chiosso: Italian songwriter and producer (d. 2006).
- Carol Lambrino: son of Carol II of Romania and Zizi Lambrino (Born 1920).
- Jimmy Witherspoon: American singer (d. 1997).
- Robert Bonnaventure: France sport Champion
- Ren? Bulin: Langres Military man
- Dominique Marcas: French actress who has appeared in 125 films and television shows since 1950. She starred in the film "Where Is Madame Catherine?" which was entered into the Un Certain Regard section at the 2003 Cannes Film Festival.
- Tigers beat Yanks 1-0 in shortest AL game, 73 minutes
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1920?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 August 1920 and get them!