Sunday 8 August 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Don Cook and André Bourguignon.
The Penalty, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1920 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Don Cook: Foreign Correspondent.
- André Bourguignon: French physician, psychiatrist and psychoanalyst known for his work in France.
- Dominique Marcas: French actress who has appeared in 125 films and television shows since 1950.
- Robert Bonnaventure: France sport Champion.
- Ren? Bulin: Langres Military man.
- Leo Chiosso: Italian songwriter and producer (d. 2006)
- Carol Lambrino: son of Carol II of Romania and Zizi Lambrino (Born 1920)
- Jimmy Witherspoon: American singer (d. 1997)
- Tigers beat Yanks 1-0 in shortest AL game, 73 minutes
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?