Tuesday 8 August 1922
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Parkin and Rory Calhoun.
Blood and Sand, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1922!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1922 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Michael Parkin: Journalist.
- Rory Calhoun: American actor on-screen from 1944 in feature films, including "River of No Return" and "Black Spurs.
- Rudi Gernreich: Austrian-American fashion designer created the Monokini (d. 1985).
- Gertrude Himmelfarb: American historian author and academic.
- Károly Reich: Hungarian illustrator (d. 1988).
- Italian general strike broken by fascist terror
- Pirates set record of 46 hits in a doubleheader (against Phillies)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Mr. Gallagher and Mr. Shean - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- California - Van & Schenck
- Stumbling - Ray Miller & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?