Friday 8 August 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
For the Defense, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1930 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Nita Talbot in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Supertrain, Here We Go Again).
- Jerry Tarkanian: American basketball coach whose career of 31 years, up to the 1991/92 season, was distinguished by both success and by scandal.
- Joan Mondale: American wife of Walter Mondale 32nd Second Lady of the United States (d. 2014).
- Terry Nation: Welsh novelist and screenwriter, creator of the Daleks (Born1930).
- St. Louis Cardinals are 12 games back in NL, and go on to win pennant
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?