Saturday 8 August 1931
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Bad Girl, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1931!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1931 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Jacques Terry: St Martin des Bes EXecutives.
- Peter Fitz: Germany Actor.
- Sir Roger Penrose: British physicist.
- Roger Penrose: English physicist mathematician and philosopher.
- Jonathan Elkus: Composer.
- Édouard Luntz: French film director who directed nine films between 1959 and 1973. His 1966 film "Les coeurs verts" was entered into the 16th Berlin International Film Festival and his 1970 film "Le dernier saut" was entered into the 1970 Cannes Film Festival.
- Washingston Senator Bob Burke no-hits Boston Red Sox, 5-0
- Workers go on strike at the Hoover dam.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?