Wednesday 8 August 1934
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Julian C Dixon and Keith Barron.
Housewife, directed by Alfred E. Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1934!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1934 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Julian C Dixon: (Rep-D-California, 1979- ).
- Keith Barron: English actor.
- Sarat Pujari: Indian actor director and screenwriter (d. 2014).
- Wilbert Robinson: American baseball player coach and manager (d. 1934).
- The Wehrmacht swears a personal oath of loyalty to Adolf Hitler.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?