Wednesday 8 August 1934
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Julian C Dixon and Keith Barron.
Housewife, directed by Alfred E. Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1934!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1934 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Julian C Dixon: (Rep-D-California, 1979- ).
- Keith Barron: English actor.
- Sarat Pujari: Indian actor director and screenwriter (d. 2014).
- Wilbert Robinson: American baseball player coach and manager (d. 1934).
- The Wehrmacht swears a personal oath of loyalty to Adolf Hitler.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?