Thursday 8 August 1935
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Alice Adams, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1935!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1935 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Jacques Careuil: Belgian presenter on the RTBF (Radio Télévision Belge de la Communauté Française, the public broadcasting organization of the French Community of Belgium).
- Donald P Bellisario: American television producer.
- David Hamblin: British astrologer and psychotherapist, author of the book, "Harmonic Charts" (1983).
- Ron Marlenee: (Rep-R-Montana, 1977- ).
- Sandy Horn: Lesbian activist.
- Maurice Lever: French literary historian, the author of numerous books on the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. His research on gender in French literature places him among the first historians who have studied this topic.
- Donald Bellisario: American director producer and screenwriter
- John Laws: Australian broadcaster, the most successful and influential in his field, the undisputed king of Australia's talk-back airwaves. Laws has remained virtually at the top of the ratings since the mid 1950s. With his marvelously deep voice, he is known as the "Man with the Golden Microphone." A broadcaster extraordinaire whom people tend to either love or hate, Laws can come across as entertaining, smart, caustic, brash, arrogant, opinionated or fawning, although no one can predict which. Colloquial
- Richard Lamm: Madison Politician
- Joe Tex: American musician and singer-songwriter who gained success in the 1960s and 1970s with his brand of Southern soul, which mixed the styles of country, gospel and rhythm and blues. Tex's style of speaking over the background of his music helped to make him one of the predecessors of the modern style of rap music.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 August 1935 and get them!