Saturday 8 August 1936
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Last of the Mohicans, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1936!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1936 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Simon Eine: French actor, who is an honorary member of the Comédie-Française, trained at the National Conservatory of Dramatic Art by Jean Yonnel.
- Keith Barron: English actor.
- Frank Howard: American baseball player, coach and team manager, who hit his career-high 48 home runs with the Washington Senators during the 1969 season.
- Vittorio Giuliani Ricci: Italian executive, the manager of Ferruzzi, one of the most important family businesses in Italy (similar to the Angeli family).
- Don Bowden: American track & field champion.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?