Monday 8 August 1949
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Window, directed by Ted Tetzlaff, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1949!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1949 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Airrion Love: US singer (Stylistics-16 Bars).
- Bela Magyari: Hungary -- Cosmonaut.
- Keith Carradine in San Mateo: California, USA; actor (Young Guns, Pretty Baby).
- Ricardo Londono: Colombian racing driver.
- Keith Carradine: American actor in a theatrical family, the son of actor John Carradine and half-brother of David Carradine.
- Rory Hayes: American artist who was one of the 1960 "acid" cartoonists. His work was primarily passed around in the limited publications of the drug set.
- Ricardo Londoño: Colombian race car driver (d. 2009)
- Bhutan, land of Dragon, becomes an independent monarchy
- Bhutan becomes independent
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Someday - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?