Tuesday 8 August 1950
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Martine Aubry and Sarah Dunant.
Sunset Blvd., directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Gene Autry Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1950!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1950 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Martine Aubry: French politician.
- Sarah Dunant: English author and critic.
- Willie Hall: American drummer and producer (The Blues Brothers The Bar-Kays and Booker T. & the M.G.
- Ken Kutaragi: Japanese businessman created PlayStation.
- Lucjan Lis: Polish-German cyclist (d. 2015).
- Babe Didrikson-Zaharias wins LPGA All-American Golf Open
- Winston Churchill supports idea of a pan-European army allied with Canada and the U.S.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?