Friday 8 August 1958
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Poor Little Fool by Ricky Nelson.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fly, directed by Kurt Neumann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1958!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1958 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Chris[sie Boy] Foreman: Rock guitarist (Madness).
- Harry Crosby in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Friday the 13th).
- Harry Crosby: American actor and the first son of Bing Crosby's second family with his second wife, Kathryn Grant.
- Francis Lalanne: French-Uruguayan pop singer, songwriter, and comedian (theater).
- Thierry Mariani: French politician of Italian origin, Secretary of State for Transport for the Minister of Ecology, Sustainable development, Transport and Housing Nathalie Kosciusko-Morizet in the François Fillon III government from November 2010 to May 2012, and a member of the Union for a Popular Movement UMP.
- Deborah Norville: News anchor (Today Show, Inside Edition)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?