Thursday 8 August 1963
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Fingertips - Pt 2 by Little Stevie Wonder.
In UK Confessin' by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Lord of the Flies, directed by Peter Brook, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1963!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1963 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Rica Fukami: Japanese voice actress and singer.
- Hur Jin-ho: South Korean director and screenwriter.
- Carol Lewis: American track and field athlete, the winner of the Bronze Medal at the World Games in Helsinki for holding the record on the indoor long jump.
- Ron Karkovice: Union, New Jersey -- Catcher (Chicago White Sox).
- Emi Shinohara: Japanese voice actress and singer.
- Jon Turteltaub: American director and producer
- Stephen Walkom: Canadian ice hockey player referee and manager
- Carmi Martin: Filipino actress
- Sandor Jemnitz: Composer, dies at 72.
- Kingsmen release Louie, Louie, radio stations label it obscene
- LA Dodgers F Howard and B Skowron are 3rd to hit consecutive pinch HRs
- Verne Gagne beats Fritz Von Erich in Amarillo, to become NWA champ
- Great Train Robbery: in England, a gang of 15 train robbers steal 2.6 million pounds in bank notes.
- The Great Train Robbery of 1963 takes place in Buckinghamshire, England.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- The Surfaris - Wipe Out
- Elvis Presley - (You're The) Devil In Disguise
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- The Tymes - So Much In Love
- Lesley Gore - Judy's Turn To Cry
- Jan & Dean - Surf City
- The Four Seasons - Candy Girl
- The Essex - Easier Said Than Done
- Kai Winding & Orchestra - More
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?