Saturday 8 August 1964
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harry Lee "Butch" Reynolds and Christina Pavarotti.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to A Hard Day's Night by The Beatles.
In UK It's All Over Now by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
A Hard Day's Night, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1964!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1964 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Harry Lee "Butch" Reynolds: United States -- 400m runner (world record).
- Christina Pavarotti: Italian noted family, the daughter of Adua and Luciano Pavarotti.
- Anastasia Ashman: American blogger and author.
- Scott Sandelin: American ice hockey player and coach.
- Paul Taylor: English cricketer.
- Eddie Trunk: American radio host and author
- 110 in the Shade closes at Broadhurst Theater NYC after 330 performances
- Dutch Opera forms in Amsterdam
- Rolling Stones 1st Dutch concert
- A Rolling Stones gig in Scheveningen gets out of control. Riot police end the gig after about 15 minutes, upon which spectators start to fight the riot police.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 August 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- Jan & Dean - The Little Old Lady (From Pasadena)
- The 4 Seasons - Rag Doll
- Dusty Springfield - Wishin' And Hopin'
- The Drifters - Under The Boardwalk
- Roger Miller - Dang Me
- The Jelly Beans - I Wanna Love Him So Bad
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?