Saturday 8 August 1964
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to A Hard Day's Night by The Beatles.
In UK It's All Over Now by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
A Hard Day's Night, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1964!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1964 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Anastasia Ashman: American blogger and author.
- Scott Sandelin: American ice hockey player and coach.
- Paul Taylor: English cricketer.
- Eddie Trunk: American radio host and author.
- Harry Lee "Butch" Reynolds: United States -- 400m runner (world record).
- Christina Pavarotti: Italian noted family, the daughter of Adua and Luciano Pavarotti. In 1996 her parents separated. Her famous father died on September 6, 2007 of pancreatic cancer.
- 110 in the Shade closes at Broadhurst Theater NYC after 330 performances
- Dutch Opera forms in Amsterdam
- Rolling Stones 1st Dutch concert
- A Rolling Stones gig in Scheveningen gets out of control. Riot police end the gig after about 15 minutes, upon which spectators start to fight the riot police.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- The 4 Seasons - Rag Doll
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- Jan & Dean - The Little Old Lady (From Pasadena)
- The Drifters - Under The Boardwalk
- Dusty Springfield - Wishin' And Hopin'
- Roger Miller - Dang Me
- The Jelly Beans - I Wanna Love Him So Bad
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 August 1964 and get them!