Sunday 8 August 1971
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Raposo and Marcello Simmons.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to How Can You Mend A Broken Heart by Bee Gees.
In UK I'm Still Waiting by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
Deep End, directed by Jerzy Skolimowski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Guardians.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or Galaxy Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1971!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1971 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- John Raposo: CFL defensive tackle (Toronto Argonauts).
- Marcello Simmons: CFL defensive back (Toronto Argonauts).
- Steve Hinton: Australian baseball infielder (1996 Olympics).
- Sky Dayton: American entrepreneur, founder of Earthlink.
- Johnny Balentina: Dutch baseball player.
- Freddie Spencer Chapman: British army officer (Born 1907).
- Jane Blalock wins LPGA Lady Pepsi Golf Open
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 August 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- Tommy James - Draggin' The Line
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- Chicago - Beginnings
- What The World Needs Now Is Love/Abraham Martin And John (Medley) - Tom Clay
- Marvin Gaye - Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?