Sunday 8 August 1982
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fahadh Faasil and David Florence.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor.
In UK Come On Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners With The Emerald Express was in the top 5 hits.
Friday the 13th Part III, directed by Steve Miner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Prodigal Daughter by Jeffrey Archer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Filthy Rich.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Mr. Do! or Name This Game Octopus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1982!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1982 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
Famous Birthdays:08 August
- Ferre Grignard: Belgian pop singer / Painter (Crucified Jesus).
- Hermine Heijermans: Author (Snikken en Smartlapjes), dies at 80.
- Valeer van Kerkhove: Flemish writer / producer (De Weerlozen).
- Kurt Edelhagen: A well-respected German bandleader whose orchestras tended to emphasize swinging dance music but were open to boppish solos,.
- Eric Brandon: English race car driver and businessman (d. 1982).
- 64th PGA Championship: Ray Floyd shoots a 272 at Southern Hills Tulsa
- Sandra Palmer wins LPGA Boston Five Golf Classic
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 August 1982
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- Fleetwood Mac - Hold Me
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- Toto - Rosanna
- Air Supply - Even The Nights Are Better
- REO Speedwagon - Keep The Fire Burnin'
- The Motels - Only The Lonely
- The Human League - Don't You Want Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?