Saturday 8 August 1987
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2.
In UK It's A Sin by Pet Shop Boys was in the top 5 hits.
No Way Out, directed by Roger Donaldson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Patriot Games by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1987!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1987 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Pierre Boulanger: French actor.
- Tatjana Malek: German tennis player.
- Jenn Proske: Movie Actress.
- Katie Leung: Movie Actress.
- Danilo Blanusa: Croatian mathematician (Born 1903).
- Pakistan all out 708 vs. England at The Oval, Botham 3-217
- Lynne Cox becomes first to swim from US to Russia across Bering Strait.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 August 1987 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?