Monday 8 December 1913
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Battle of Shiloh, directed by Joseph Smiley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1913!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1913 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Jean Robain: France Actor.
- Delmore Schwartz: United States -- Poet / short story writer / critic (Shenandoah).
- Construction starts on Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sailing Down the Chesapeake Bay - American Quartet
- On the Old Front Porch - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 December 1913 and get them!