Monday 8 December 1924
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Janice Meredith, directed by E. Mason Hopper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1924!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1924 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Lionel Gilbert: Australian historian author and academic (d. 2015).
- Pierre Jeannin: French historian, specializing in Northern Europe, a professor at the Institute of Political Studies in Paris (1952-1964), then at the Sorbonne, and finally Director of Studies at the EHESS (School for Advanced Studies in the Social Sciences).
- Franz X Scharwenka: German pianist/composer ("Mataswintha"), dies at age 74.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Some Other Day, Some Other Girl - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra - Song of Songs
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?