Tuesday 8 December 1925
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sammy Davis Jr in New York City and James E.
The Plastic Age, directed by Wesley Ruggles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1925.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1925!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1925 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Sammy Davis Jr in New York City: New York, USA; singer/dancer/actor (Ocean's 11, Candy Man).
- James E: "Jimmy" Smith; US jazz/organist ("Walk on the Wild Side").
- Carmen Martin Gaite: Spanish author (d. 2000).
- Sammy Davis: American entertainer, an actor, dancer, singer, comedian, TV and nightclubs entertainer, massively talented in every aspect of his craft.
- Arnaldo Forlani: Italian politician, the First Minister of Italy in 1980.
- Carmen Gaite: Spanish author who wrote in many genres, including novels, short stories, essays and screenplays. She won various awards, including the Prince of Asturias Awards in 1988, the Award Premio Castilla y León de las Letras in 1992, and the Premio Acebo de Honor lifetime achievement award. She was married to fellow writer Rafael Sánchez Ferlosio. Carmen Martín Gaite died on 22 July 2000.
- Anne Colchen: France sport Champion
- Jimmy Smith: American jazz organist (d. 2005)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1925 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Manhattan - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?