Sunday 8 December 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Dynamite, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1929 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Gérard De Villiers: French writer, journalist and editor.
- Richard Eberling: American transvestite, burglar, forger, alleged murderer, who had a window washing business.
- Goffredo Parise: Italian writer who won prizes and awards for his work in 1965, 1982 and 1983.
- Joseph Szyjka: France sport Champion.
- Paddy O'Byrne: Irish radio host and actor (d. 2013).
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?