Tuesday 8 December 1936
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Camille, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1936!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1936 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- David Carradine in Hollywood: California, USA; actor (Kung Fu, Mean Streets, Boxcar Bertha, Young Guns).
- Michael Hobson: American publisher.
- David Carradine: American actor in a theatrical family, the first son of actor John Carradine with the first of his dad's four wives.
- Francis Esménard: French editor and businessman, the President at Éditions Albin Michel S.A.
- Anastasio Somoza elected President of Nicaragua.
- NAACP files suit to equalize the salaries of black and white teachers.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1936 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Pennies from Heaven - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 December 1936 and get them!