Monday 8 December 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Johnny Eager, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1941 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Bob Brown: American football player, offensive tackle.
- Albert J: Evenhuis; Dutch UnderSecretary of Economic (VVD).
- Mike Heron: Scottish musician, a singer, guitarist, pan flutist and member of "The Incredible String Band.
- Robert Brown: Cleveland sports Champions.
- Brinkman : American baseball player, a right-handed shortstop who played with the Washington Senators, Detroit Tigers, St. Louis Cardinals, Texas Rangers, and New York Yankees between 1961 and 1975.
- Ed Brinkman: American baseball player and coach (d. 2008)
- Bobby Elliott: English drummer (The Hollies)
- Geoff Hurst: English footballer and manager
- Cunningham : American politician, called one of the most corrupt Congressmen ever. He resigned from Congress in a tearful speech, having confessed to taking over $2 million in bribes.
- Randall Cunningham: First Navy Vietnam Ace, American politician
- Destruction Camp Chelmo opens
- London: Dutch government declares Japan the war
- San Francisco 1st blackout, at 6:15pm
- US and Britain declare war on Japan, US enters WWII
- Russian 16th army recaptures Krijukovo.
- Japanese bombers and fighters attack Luzon in the Philippine Islands. They destroy many Curtiss P-40 fighters, B-17 bombers, and one of two operational radar stations.
- United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt declares December 7 to be ''a date which will live in infamy'', after which the U.S. and the Republic of China declare war against Japan.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?