Wednesday 8 December 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Madame Curie, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1943!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1943 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Bodo Tummler: German middle-distance runner.
- Ken Johnson: American professional wrestling manager.
- Mary Woronov in Brooklyn Heights: New York, USA; actress (Eating Raoul, Terror Vision).
- Michael Unger: English editor-in-chief (Evening News, Manchester).
- Hadley Fitzgerald: American pro astrologer; by 2000, a consultant for 32 years and a licensed psychotherapist for 20.
- Jim Morrison in Melbourne: Florida, USA; singer (The Doors - "Light My Fire").
- Robert Viets: American economist and CEO of Cilcorp, a utilities based company that is diversifying into investment-management subsidiary, asbestos abatement and environmental services. Viets is a graduate with a BS in Economics and a JD law degree from Washington U., before pursuing career interests in finance and accounting.
- Larry Martin: American paleontologist and ornithologist (d. 2013)
- James Tate: American poet and academic (d. 2015)
- Bodo Tümmler: German runner
- Mary Woronov: American actress director and screenwriter
- Jim Morrison: American singer, songwriter, poet and cult figure, the founding member and lead singer of the legendary rock group "The Doors," a top band of the '60s with mega-hits "Riders on the Storm" and Light My Fire." He is the author of "The Lords and the New Creatures," 1969.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1943 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 December 1943 and get them!