Sunday 8 December 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Rubinstein in Los Angeles and Noel Forgeard.
Till the Clouds Roll By, directed by Richard Whorf, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Let's Celebrate.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1946!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1946 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- John Rubinstein in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor/composer (Family, The Boys from Brazil).
- Noel Forgeard: French industrialist and joint CEO of EADS (The European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company N.V.
- Gérard Holtz: French sports journalist who has presented various television programmes.
- Jack MacLean: American thief and rapist who did so well with his burglaries that he was able to buy a Cessna 172, a seaplane, two homes, and a Hughes helicopter with his plunder.
- John Rubinstein: American actor director and composer.
- Sharmila Tagore: Indian model and actress
- Army rocket plane XS-1 makes first powered flight.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?