Sunday 8 December 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Till the Clouds Roll By, directed by Richard Whorf, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1946!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1946 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Jack MacLean: American thief and rapist who did so well with his burglaries that he was able to buy a Cessna 172, a seaplane, two homes, and a Hughes helicopter with his plunder.
- Gérard Holtz: French sports journalist who has presented various television programmes.
- John Rubinstein in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor/composer (Family, The Boys from Brazil).
- John Rubinstein: American actor director and composer.
- Sharmila Tagore: Indian model and actress.
- Noel Forgeard: French industrialist and joint CEO of EADS (The European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company N.V.), a global pan-European aerospace and defence corporation that operated 2000–2013.
- Army rocket plane XS-1 makes first powered flight.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?