Monday 8 December 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Belinda Balaski in Inglewood and Geoff Daking.
The Bishop's Wife, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Americana.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1947!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1947 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Belinda Balaski in Inglewood: California, USA; actor (Cannonball, Proud Men, Howling).
- Geoff Daking: Rocker.
- Gregg Allman in Nashville: Tennessee, USA; guitarist/vocalist (Allman Brothers Band).
- Frans Leijnse: Dutch politician (PvdA second Chamber).
- Gerard Blanc: French singer.
- Gregg Allman: American musician who formed the "Allman Brothers Band." They were once among the ranks of super-stars, until they dissolved in 1976 with hard feelings. The band was originally started with his brother Duane in 1969, it was regarded as one of the finest rhythm and blues, rock'n'roll groups in the market. Duane, however, was killed in a motorcycle accident in 10/1971.
- Gérard Blanc: French singer, leader of the group Martin Circus. He participated in the production of Princess Stephanie of Monaco's first album. During his solo career, he charted four singles in France.
- Francis Huster: French film actor and director, comedian, scriptwriter, his father Charles was commercial director of Lancia and his mother was of Jewish Polish descent. He studied acting at Paris Conservatoire with René Simon and Antoine Vitez, and joined the "Comédie-Française" in 1971.
- Chava Alberstein: Israeli singer, lyricist, composer, and musical arranger
- Thomas Cech: American chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate
- Kati-Claudia Fofonoff: Finnish author and poet
- Margaret Geller: American astrophysicist astronomer and academic
- Bruce Kimmel: American actor director and producer
- Caribbean Carnival opens at International Theater NYC for 11 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?