Wednesday 8 December 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Luis Caffarelli .
3 Godfathers, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Who Said That?.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1948!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1948 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Luis Caffarelli: Argentinian-American mathematician and academic.
- Marinka closes at Winter Garden Theater NYC after 168 performances
- Jordan annexes Arabic Palestine.
- 14th Heisman Trophy Award: Doak Walker, SMU (HB).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Twelfth Street Rag - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?