Thursday 8 December 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claudio Bigagli and Kasim Sulton.
In UK Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley & His Comets was in the top 5 hits.
The Man with the Golden Arm, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1955!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1955 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Claudio Bigagli: Italian actor who has appeared in more than 40 films and television shows since 1976.
- Kasim Sulton: American singer-songwriter bass player and producer (Blue Öyster Cult Utopia and The New Cars).
- Milenko Zablaćanski: Serbian actor director and screenwriter (d. 2008).
- Jacques Handschin: Swiss musicologist, dies at age 69.
- 21st Heisman Trophy Award: Howard Cassady, Ohio State (HB).
- Turkish government of Menderes forms.
- Brooklyn catcher Roy Campanella wins his third Most Valuable Player Award.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1955 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?