Saturday 8 December 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Just Walkin' In The Rain by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
The Rainmaker, directed by Joseph Anthony, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1956!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1956 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Warren Cuccurullo: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Duran Duran Missing Persons TV Mania and Chicanery).
- Andrew Edge: English drummer and songwriter (Thompson Twins Uropa Lula and Savage Progress).
- Andrius Kubilius: Lithuanian academic and politician 9th Prime Minister of Lithuania.
- Edgar Leslie Bainton: Composer, dies at 76.
- 16th Olympic games close at Melbourne, Australia
- 1st test firing of Vanguard satellite program, TV-0
- First test firing of the Vanguard satellite program, TV-0.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1956 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?