Sunday 8 December 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK Mary's Boy Child by Harry Belafonte was in the top 5 hits.
Ordet, directed by Henrik Malberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1957!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1957 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Phll Collen: Rocker.
- Slick : American wrestler and manager.
- James Cama: American martial artist and educator (d. 2014).
- Phil Collen: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Def Leppard Girl Man Raze Tush and Dumb Blondes).
- Reginald Sheffield: London, England -- Actor (Second Chance).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?