Friday 8 December 1961
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Big Bad John by Jimmy Dean.
In UK Tower Of Strength by Frankie Vaughan was in the top 5 hits.
One, Two, Three, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1961!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1961 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Ann Coulter: American lawyer journalist and author.
- Mikey Robins: Australian comedian and television host.
- William Beatton Moonie: Composer, dies at 78.
- Antwerp Belgium diocese forms
- S Africa vs. New Zealand, Durban debuts for Eddie Barlow and Peter Pollock
- Larry Costello scores 32 consecutive points without a miss (NBA record).
- Wilt Chamberlain scores the second highest total in the NBA - 78.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?