Tuesday 8 December 1964
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Teri Hatcher in Sunnyvale and James Martinez in Santa Fe.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Mr. Lonely by Bobby Vinton.
In UK Baby Love by The Supremes was in the top 5 hits.
Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der goldene Schuß.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1964!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1964 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Teri Hatcher in Sunnyvale: California, USA; actress (Lois Lane - Lois and Clark).
- James Martinez in Santa Fe: New Mexico, USA; rower (Olympics-1996).
- Edith De Maertelaere: Belgian athlete, runner on the 200m, she married Jacques Borlée (born 27 September 1957, Kisangani, Congo), other athlete and specialist of sprint.
- Teri Hatcher: American actress most notable for her roles as Lois Lane in the TV version of "Superman" and for her role in the hit series "Desperate Housewives.
- Athena Kottak: Drummer.
- James Blundell: Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Chigusa Nagayo: Japanese wrestler
- Mike Ruiz: Canadian-American model actor and photographer
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 December 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - Mr. Lonely
- The Zombies - She's Not There
- Lorne Greene - Ringo
- The Supremes - Come See About Me
- The Beatles - I Feel Fine
- The Rolling Stones - Time Is On My Side
- The Kinks - You Really Got Me
- The Supremes - Baby Love
- Gene Pitney - I'm Gonna Be Strong
- The Beach Boys - Dance, Dance, Dance
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?