Thursday 8 December 1966
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys.
In UK Green Green Grass Of Home by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
A Man for All Seasons, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1966!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1966 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Tyler Mane: Canadian wrestler and actor.
- Sinéad O'Connor: Irish singer-songwriter.
- Matthew Laborteaux in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Albert - Little House on the Prairie).
- Douglas Allan Martin in Bluffton: Ohio, USA; PGA golfer (1995 Buick-second).
- Joe Staysniak: NFL guard (Indianapolis Colts).
- Jeff Tremaine: American television and film director
- Sinead O'Connor: Irish musician
- Les Ferdinand: English footballer and coach
- Ward Morehouse: American theater critic and newspaper columnist (Born 1899).
- US and the USSR sign treaty to prohibit nuclear weapons in outer space
- US and USSR sign treaty to prohibit nuclear weapons in outer space.
- The Greek ship SS Heraklion sinks in a storm in the Aegean Sea, killing over 200.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- Donovan - Mellow Yellow
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- Mitch Ryder - Devil With A Blue Dress On & Good Golly Miss Molly
- The Supremes - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Peter and Gordon - Lady Godiva
- The Hollies - Stop Stop Stop
- Roger Williams - Born Free
- Martha and the Vandellas - I'm Ready For Love
- Frank Sinatra - That's Life
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?