Tuesday 8 December 1970
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to The Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson.
In UK Woodstock by Matthew's Southern Comfort was in the top 5 hits.
Little Big Man, directed by Arthur Penn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1970!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1970 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
Famous Birthdays:08 December
- Christopher K Ingold: English chemist, dies at age 77.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Santana - Black Magic Woman
- Chicago - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Brian Hyland - Gypsy Woman
- Badfinger - No Matter What
- The Guess Who - Share The Land
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 December 1970 and get them!