Sunday 8 December 1974
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas.
In UK Lonely This Christmas by Mud was in the top 5 hits.
Young Frankenstein, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Something Happened by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1974!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1974 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Cristian Castro: Mexican singer.
- Tony Simmons: American football player and coach.
- Nick Zinner: American guitarist songwriter and producer (Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Head Wound City).
- Jessalynn Siwa: Reality Star.
- Paul Staight in Victoria: Australia; badminton player (Olympics-1996).
- Sandra Post wins LPGA Colgate Far East Golf Open.
- Soyuz 16 returns to Earth.
- Irish Republican Socialist Party forms.
- Greek monarchy rejected by referendum.
- A plebiscite results in the abolition of monarchy in Greece.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting
- Billy Swan - I Can Help
- The Three Degrees - When Will I See You Again
- B.T. Express - Do It ('Til You're Satisfied)
- Harry Chapin - Cat's In The Cradle
- Helen Reddy - Angie Baby
- Bobby Vinton - My Melody Of Love
- Bachman-Turner Overdrive - You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet
- Al Green - Sha-La-La (Make Me Happy)
- Barry White - You're The First, The Last, My Everything
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?