Wednesday 8 December 1976
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright) by Rod Stewart.
In UK Under The Moon Of Love by Showaddywaddy was in the top 5 hits.
Alice in Wonderland: An X-Rated Musical Fantasy, directed by Bud Townsend, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1976!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1976 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Brettina : Bahamian-American singer-songwriter and actress.
- Reed Johnson: American baseball player.
- Joshua Butler: Celebrity Chef.
- Brettina Robinson: singer and songwriter.
- Naimee Coleman: Irish singer and songwriter.
- Christophe Magnoni: French teenager known as Antiheos, age 10 when he and three other local teens desecrated the Toulon cemetery. In the early hours of 6/09/1996, the four kids brought up the body of Yvonne Foin, who had been buried twenty years prior, on 6/11/1976. With ideology that is somewhat vague and borders around Satanism and Hitlerism, they performed satanic rituals on the cadaver, including necrophilia. They all admitted a ferocious hatred for human beings.
- Dominic Monaghan: Movie Actor
- UN General Assembly re-elects Kurt Waldheim Secretary General
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. - You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show)
- Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Spinners - The Rubberband Man
- Bee Gees - Love So Right
- Captain and Tennille - Muskrat Love
- Boston - More Than A Feeling
- Barry De Vorzon and Perry Botkin, Jr. - Nadia's Theme (The Young And The Restless)
- Firefall - You Are The Woman
- England Dan and John Ford Coley - Nights Are Forever Without You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 December 1976 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?