Tuesday 8 December 1981
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Physical by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK Under Pressure by Queen & David Bowie was in the top 5 hits.
Over the Edge, directed by Jonathan Kaplan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while An Indecent Obsession by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1981!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1981 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Jeremy Accardo: American baseball player.
- Azra Akın: Dutch-Turkish model and actress Miss World 2002.
- Philip Rivers: American football player.
- Simon Finnigan: English rugby player.
- The No. 21 Mine explosion in Whitwell, Tennessee kills 13.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - Physical
- Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You
- The Police - Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
- Commodores - Oh No
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Let's Groove
- Rod Stewart - Young Turks
- Air Supply - Here I Am (Just When I Thought I Was Over You)
- Diana Ross - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Quarterflash - Harden My Heart
- Journey - Don't Stop Believin'
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?