Thursday 8 December 1983
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Utkarsh Ambudkar and Neel Jani.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Say Say Say by Paul McCartney.
In UK Only You by The Flying Pickets was in the top 5 hits.
Silkwood, directed by Mike Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Pet Sematary by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Video Music Box.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Mario Bros. or Maziacs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1983!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1983 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Utkarsh Ambudkar: Movie Actor.
- Neel Jani: Swiss race car driver.
- Valéry Mézague: Cameroonian footballer (d. 2014).
- Liu Song: Chinese snooker player.
- 9th Space Shuttle Mission - Columbia 6 - lands at Edwards Air Force Base.
- Richard Baker, Zen teacher, steps down from abbotship of San Francisco Zen Center.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Say Say Say
- Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night)
- Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Say It Isn't So
- Pat Benatar - Love Is A Battlefield
- Kenny Rogers - Islands In The Stream
- Duran Duran - Union Of The Snake
- Quiet Riot - Cum On Feel The Noize
- John Cougar Mellencamp - Crumblin' Down
- Culture Club - Church Of The Poison Mind
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?