Monday 8 December 1997
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Candle In The Wind 1997 by Elton John.
In UK Teletubbies Say Eh-Oh! by Teletubbies was in the top 5 hits.
Titanic, directed by James Cameron, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1997.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1997!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1997 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Leon Poliakov: Historian, dies at 87.
- 8th Billboard Music Awards: LeAnn Rimes and Spice Girls win.
- Myra Hindley, one of the Moors murderers, arrives at the High Court of Justice, to contest a recent Home Secretary's decision that she should remain in prison until she dies.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elton John - Candle In The Wind 1997
- Elton John - Something About The Way You Look Tonight
- LeAnn Rimes - How Do I Live
- Usher - You Make Me Wanna..
- LSG - My Body
- Mase - Feel So Good
- Somethin' For The People - My Love Is The Shhh!
- Robyn - Show Me Love
- Chumbawamba - Tubthumping
- Hanson - I Will Come To You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?