Wednesday 8 February 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
In the Hands of Impostors, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1911!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1911 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Elizabeth Bishop: Poetess (North & South, Pulitzer 1956), dies at 68.
- Henri Knap: Dutch writer and journalist, author of a column for the social pages in the "Amsterdam Diary.
- Anne Aitken [nee Hopkins]: Chicago, Illinois -- Co-found (Diamond Sangha).
- Sylvain Marcaillou: France sport Champion.
- US helps overthrow President Miguel D�vila of Honduras.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Under the Yum Yum Tree - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- La Boheme - Mi Chiamano Mimi (My Name is Mimi) - Nellie Melba
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 February 1911 and get them!