Saturday 8 February 1913
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Grandy and Karl Rettlinger.
Der Andere, directed by Max Mack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1913.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1913!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1913 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- John Grandy: British Royal Air Force-marshal.
- Karl Rettlinger: German Nazi military, a Sturmbannführer (Major) in the Waffen-SS who was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 20 December 1943, for personally destroying 30 Russian tanks on the Eastern Front, including 6 in one attack.
- Betty Field: Actress (Kings Row), dies of cerebral hemorrhage at 60.
- Danai Stratigopoulou: Greek singer-songwriter (d. 2009).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When the Midnight Choo Choo Leaves for Alabam' - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- On the Mississippi - American Quartet
- In the Gloaming - Alice Nielsen
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?