Friday 8 February 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lord Maxd Rayne and Fred Blassie.
The Unbeliever, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1918!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1918 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Lord Maxd Rayne: English broker / multi-millionaire.
- Fred Blassie: American professional wrestler (d. 2003).
- John Intoxication: resistance fighter.
- Pierre Nicolaÿ: French official, who served as Vice President of the Council of State from 1982 to 1987 and as president of the French Institute of Administrative Sciences during the same period.
- Freddie Blassie: American wrestler and manager (d. 2003).
- Stars & Stripes, weekly US armed forces newspaper, 1st published
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 February 1918
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Livery Stable Blues - W.C. Handy's Orchestra
- Mighty Lak' a Rose - Geraldine Farrar
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?