Wednesday 8 February 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Four Sons, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1928!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1928 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Giorgio Gucci: Italian noted family, the son of Aldo Gucci and the brother of Paolo and Roberto.
- Claude Douillard: Rueil-Malmaison EXecutives.
- Ada Lois Sipuel Fisher: Lawyer.
- Osian Ellis: Welsh harp player and composer.
- Jack Larson: American actor producer and playwright (d. 2015).
- 1st transatlantic TV image received, Hartsdale, New York
- Scottish inventor J Blaird demonstrates color-TV.
- First transatlantic TV image received, in Hartsdale, New York, USA.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?