Saturday 8 February 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Manuel Castillo and Arlan Stangeland American politician (Representative-Republican-Minnesota.
City Girl, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1930!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1930 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Manuel Castillo: Composer.
- Arlan Stangeland American politician (Representative-Republican-Minnesota: 1977-).
- Catherine Hardy in Carollton: Georgia, USA; 4x100 metre runner (Olympics-gold-1952).
- James Deetz: American anthropologist and academic (d. 2000).
- Alejandro Rey: Buenos Aires, Argentina -- Actor (Carlos-Flying Nun).
- Arlan Stangeland: American farmer and politician (d. 2013)
- Happy Days Are Here Again by Benny Mereoff hits #1
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 February 1930
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?