Saturday 8 February 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nick Nolte in Omaha and Tom Rush in New Hampshire.
The Strawberry Blonde, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1941!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1941 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Nick Nolte in Omaha: Nebraska, USA; actor (Under Fire, Lorenzo's Oil, Teachers, 48 Hours, North Dallas 40).
- Tom Rush in New Hampshire: USA; rock guitarist/vocalist (Circle Game, Urge For Going).
- Ann Bayer: American journalist, a former staff writer for LIFE magazine, who has written for many publications, including The New York Times, Harper's, Lear's and Cosmopolitan.
- Enea Del Grande: Italian male, married to Alida Frosio on 6/02/1969 in Baveno.
- Nick Nolte: American actor, one of Hollywood’s most versatile stars who easily portrays diverse characters ranging from a drunken bum to obsessed artist to sensitive, wounded hero.
- Tom Rush: New Hampshire, United States -- Rock guitarist / vocalist (Circle Game, Urge For Going)
- Jagjit Singh: Indian singer-songwriter (d. 2011)
- Japanese armored barges cross Strait of Johore to attack Singapore.
- WWII ampndash The U.S. House of Representatives passes the Lend-Lease Act (260–165).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?