Saturday 8 February 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Strawberry Blonde, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1941!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1941 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Ann Bayer: American journalist, a former staff writer for LIFE magazine, who has written for many publications, including The New York Times, Harper's, Lear's and Cosmopolitan.
- Tom Rush: New Hampshire, United States -- Rock guitarist / vocalist (Circle Game, Urge For Going).
- Jagjit Singh: Indian singer-songwriter (d. 2011).
- Nick Nolte in Omaha: Nebraska, USA; actor (Under Fire, Lorenzo's Oil, Teachers, 48 Hours, North Dallas 40).
- Tom Rush in New Hampshire: USA; rock guitarist/vocalist (Circle Game, Urge For Going).
- Enea Del Grande: Italian male, married to Alida Frosio on 6/02/1969 in Baveno. Their son Elia was born on 10/09/1975. Elia was a problem to his parents. By the time he was in his teens he was noted by social services to be difficult and disturbed but judged to not be dangerous. Among his disruptions, he had made an attack on a taxi driver and his dad, Anea, had silenced the case by paying off the cabbie. He was not able to hold a job and his parents were supporting him. They gave him the money to open a business
- Nick Nolte: American actor, one of Hollywood’s most versatile stars who easily portrays diverse characters ranging from a drunken bum to obsessed artist to sensitive, wounded hero. Nolte has starred in over 40 films by the turn of 2000.
- Japanese armored barges cross Strait of Johore to attack Singapore.
- WWII ampndash The U.S. House of Representatives passes the Lend-Lease Act (260–165).
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?