Tuesday 8 February 1949
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brooke Adams in New York City and Julia Barr in Fort Wayne.
A Canterbury Tale, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Time for Beany.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1949!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1949 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Brooke Adams in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Cynthia - OK Crackerby, Body Snatchers).
- Julia Barr in Fort Wayne: Indiana, USA; actress (Brooke - All My Children).
- Scott Allen: USA, skater (1964 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Florinda Meza: TV Actress.
- Brooke Adams: American actress and producer.
- Niels Arestrup: French actor director and screenwriter
- Hungarian Cardinal Mindszenty sentenced to life in prison
- Cardinal Mindszenty of Hungary is sentenced for treason.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Careless Hands - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cornell)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?