Tuesday 8 February 1949
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
A Canterbury Tale, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1949!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1949 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Brooke Adams in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Cynthia - OK Crackerby, Body Snatchers).
- Julia Barr in Fort Wayne: Indiana, USA; actress (Brooke - All My Children).
- Scott Allen: USA, skater (1964 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Brooke Adams: American actress and producer.
- Niels Arestrup: French actor director and screenwriter.
- Florinda Meza: TV Actress
- Hungarian Cardinal Mindszenty sentenced to life in prison
- Cardinal Mindszenty of Hungary is sentenced for treason.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Careless Hands - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cornell)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?