Sunday 8 February 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyes by Perry Como & The Ramblers was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Spur, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1953!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1953 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Mary Steenburgen: Movie Actress.
- Mary Steenburgen in Newport: Arkansas, USA; actress (Parenthood, Time After Time).
- Roger Clavet: Quebecois politician.
- Cliff Clark: Actor (Golden Hoofs, Kid Glove Killer), dies at 63.
- WLVA (now WSET) TV channel 13 in Lynchburg-Roanoke, VA (ABC) begins
- Betty Jameson wins LPGA Serbin Golf Open.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1953 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Pretend - Nat King Cole (Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra)
- Anywhere I Wander - Julius LaRosa
- Eddie Fisher - Downhearted
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?